Study in Australia: Position in the International Educational Milieu
You can achieve great things with an Australian degree/certification as Australia is a leading provider of high-quality education for international students and Australian Universities are consistently ranked among the top 100 Universities of the world. Overseas students enjoy an unparalleled range of study options, what with more than 22,000 courses and 1,100 institutions to choose from (across every discipline and at every level).
Furthermore, as overseas students contribute so much to the Australian economy, the Government of Australia takes special interest in regulating the education sector. This has resulted in Australia becoming more diverse than Europe and North America, and in its emergence as a destination of choice for numerous Asian students.
Advantages of an Australian education
- World-class certifications: Studying in Australia will boost a student’s career prospects as graduates from Australian Universities are recognized as being desirable employees in any workplace. Australian qualification is recognized by employers throughout the world.
- High frequency of updates: Courses in Australian Universities are constantly updated with inputs from industry leaders to ensure that the skills and knowledge transferred to the students are current, thereby strengthening their ability to compete for jobs.
- Australian qualifications framework (AQF): The AQF allows students to easily navigate through the education system. AQF also provides an easy way for other countries to recognise Australian qualifications and to issue comparable qualifications for local use.
- Uncompromising quality: As per Australian law, Universities must be accredited by regulators to ensure that the students’ rights are protected. All higher education providers must complete a demanding accreditation to ensure that they deliver the highest standard of teaching. Providers also undergo regular quality assurance audits.
- Top Universities: The presence of many Australian Universitiesin the top 100 Universities of the world speaks highly of the education infrastructure in Australia. Further, even if a University is not ranked among the best Universities in the world, there is a high guarantee that it would strive to do so and never compromise on the quality of education.
- Scholarships: Students can avail themselves of numerous scholarship opportunities offered by the Australian Government and Universities. The Government of Australia has invested more than A$300 million in scholarships for overseas students, and the country offered more than 3,000 Australia Awards scholarships to students from more than 55 countries (2019 data).
- Collaborations: Over the past 18 years, Australian Universities have doubled their spending on research and development. Australian students are more mobile and collaborative than ever before. Students can connect with their peers around the globe through researcher-exchange programs promoted by education providers.
- Work experience: The recent changes in the government policy allow overseas students to work in Australia after completing their education, thus students can add value to their résumés/CVs not only through an international education, but also through an international work experience.
- Employee protection laws: Australia has a strong network of laws and regulations that protect the rights of all workers, including international students working part-time.
Return on Investment
- Australian education provides a good return on investment, especially as its degrees and certifications are highly valued across nations.
Something for the Indian students
- Diverse universities with diverse tuition fee structures
Most popular courses
- Biomedical Engineering
- Core Engineering
- Earth Sciences and Related Fields
- Computer Science & Information Technology (IT)
- Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Business Management & Business (Data) Analytics
- Medicine (Specialists)
Scholarships are one of the best ways to save some extra money before going to university. Australia provides a range of scholarships for international students, although there are individual sponsors as well. Scholarships in Australia can be divided into two parts.
Non-Government Scholarships: These scholarships are provided majorly by universities. You would have to check with your desired university if they have criteria for scholarships. Some such non-government scholarships are:
Government Scholarships: As the name suggests, these scholarships are put together by the Australian government (both provincial or central) for international students.
- Australia Awards
- Destination Australia
- Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP)
- Australia APEC Women in Research Fellowship
Safety and Health
Many countries around the world are experiencing second wave of COVID-19, resulting in tighter restrictions and local lockdowns. Fewer overseas students (210,000 fewer) have enrolled in Australian Universities in 2021 than would normally be expected. The Australian government has expressed an interest in welcoming back overseas students but with a slightly different ethos once its borders reopen.
Why Trust OAKS OVERSEAS?
OAKS OVERSEAS helps students by connecting them with experienced counsellors who can support them throughout their journey (right from search to enrolment). As one of the South India's leading overseas education consultants, we understand the wants and needs of aspiring students. The extensive footprint of OAKS OVERSEAS in the field overseas consulting is a testament in itself to its dedication to supporting individuals wishing to study and/or work in Australia to achieve their dreams, and OAKS OVERSEAS takes great pride in its endeavours to bring individuals closer to their dreams.
Our comprehensive guide ensures that the students’ desire to study abroad is fulfilled in the most effective manner possible. We help students select where they want to study, the courses that are the best for them based on their budget, interest, and time at hand and guide them in making applications. We also help professionals identify the best way to enter Australia, while simultaneously ensuring their financial safety and targeting their career growth.
OAKS OVERSEAS takes care of a cache of formalities, visa, and work-related issues; these include (but are not restricted to) the following:
- Student visa (Subclass 500)
- Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)
- Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485)
- Visitor Visa (Subclasses 600, 601, 651)
- Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417 and 462)
- Student Guardian (Subclass 590)
- Training visa (Subclass 407)
- Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 114, 838)
- Aged Parent visa (subclass 804)
- Carer visa (subclass 836, 116, 101, 802)
- Child visa (subclass 101, 802)
- Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884)
- Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864)
- Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173)
- Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143)
- Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)
- Parent visa (subclass 103)
- Partner (Provisional and Migrant) visa (subclass 309 100)
- Partner visa (subclass 820 801)
- Business Innovation and Investment (permanent) visa (subclass 888)
- Business Innovation and Investment (provisional) visa (subclass 188)
- Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
- Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 124)
- Global Talent visa (subclass 858)
- Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191)
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Overseas Student Health Cover
- Academic requirements
- Work permit
Importantly, OAKS OVERSEAS provides the latest visa updates for Indian nationals, thereby ensuring that individuals who avail our services are afforded the latest information in terms of international regulations, resulting in their making the best decisions regarding their careers.
Interested in availing the facilities of OAKS OVERSEAS for working/studying abroad?
Do get in touch with us. Please fill in your details and we will get back to you within 24–48 hours.