Study in New Zealand: Position in the International Educational Milieu
New Zealand is a land of opportunities. A New Zealand degree or certification has much weightage in the international job market. The New Zealand education system is regulated by the government and strong quality assurance systems are in place to guarantee top-notch education to the students. Not only that, international students studying in New Zealand can be assured of a friendly society and an excellent support system.
Thus, its internationally accredited qualifications, excellent education system, ample research opportunities, and matchless quality of life make New Zealand a choice destination among students.
Advantages of a New Zealand education
- World-class institutions: New Zealand is host to eight state-funded universities, sixteen Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics (ITPs)—now unified into the New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (NZIST)—and approximately 550 Private Training Establishments (PTEs).
- Good accreditation system: The education programmes and degrees provided in New Zealand are based on the most well-recognised and accredited education system, i.e., the British system.
- Quality assurance: The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), Universities New Zealand, and the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand ensure that institutes provide their best to students when it comes to educational practices.
- Diverse courses: New Zealand provides courses for academic, professional, and vocational studies.
- Relatively inexpensive: New Zealand is relatively inexpensive as compared to the USA, UK, Australia, or Canada when it comes to the cost incurred during studies.
- Scholarships: Many scholarships are available for international students, including scholarships for Masters’ degrees and PhD scholarships.
- Work: If students complete their studies in an area that is in demand in New Zealand, they may be able to continue working in New Zealand after obtaining post-study work visa.
Return on Investment
Employers across the world welcome graduates with degrees and certifications from New Zealand as they are assured of their practical skills, academic qualifications, and ability to think creatively and critically.
Something for the Indian students
- Diverse universities with diverse tuition fee structures
- Relatively inexpensive as compared to the US, UK, Australia, and Canada
Most popular courses
- Business Studies
- Engineering Forestry
- IT and Computer Science
New Zealand provides a range of scholarships for international students; however, individual sponsors are there as well.
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific
- ADB Scholarships at University of Auckland
- Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington
- Lincoln University International Taught Master Merit Scholarships
- Wellington Master’s by Thesis Scholarship
- Sir Neil Isaac Scholarship in Environmental Science at the University of Canterbury
- University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship
- University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship
- Owen Browning Scholarships in Forestry at the University of Canterbury
- Orion Master’s Energy Scholarship at University of Canterbury
- AUT International Excellence Scholarships
- UC International First Year Undergraduate Scholarships
- New Zealand International Scholarships
- New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
- University of Otago International Research Master’s Scholarship
- University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships
- New Zealand-ASEAN Scholar Awards
Safety and Health
Many countries around the world are experiencing second wave of COVID-19, resulting in tighter restrictions and local lockdowns. New Zealand is regulating the inflow of people entering the country.
Why Trust OAKS OVERSEAS?
OAKS OVERSEAS helps students by connecting them with experienced counsellors who can support them throughout their journey (right from search to enrolment). As one of the South India's leading overseas education consultants, we understand the wants and needs of aspiring students. The extensive footprint of OAKS OVERSEAS in the field overseas consulting is a testament in itself to its dedication to supporting individuals wishing to study and/or work in New Zealand to achieve their dreams, and OAKS OVERSEAS takes great pride in its endeavours to bring individuals closer to their dreams.
Our comprehensive guide ensures that the students’ desire to study abroad is fulfilled in the most effective manner possible. We help students select where they want to study, the courses that are the best for them based on their budget, interest, and time at hand and guide them in making applications. We also help professionals identify the best way to enter New Zealand, while simultaneously ensuring their financial safety and targeting their career growth.
OAKS OVERSEAS takes care of a cache of formalities, visa, and work-related issues; these include (but are not restricted to) the following:
- Visitor visa
- New Zealand Working Holiday Visa
- Work visa
- Work to Residence Visa
- Family Visa
- Student Visa
- Entrepreneur Work Visa
- Investment Visa
Importantly, OAKS OVERSEAS provides the latest visa updates for Indian nationals, thereby ensuring that individuals who avail our services are afforded the latest information in terms of international regulations, resulting in their making the best decisions regarding their careers.
Interested in availing the facilities of OAKS OVERSEAS for working/studying abroad?
Do get in touch with us. Please fill in your details and we will get back to you within 24–48 hours.